Regularly visiting the dentist is an important part of taking care of your teeth! Not only do regular dentist visits help take care of your gums and teeth but they can also help prevent strokes, heart attacks, and other medical problems? Finding the right dentist can be hard, especially if you are one of the many people who do not like going to the dentist. We have compiled a few tips below to help you navigate the dentists in your area to find the best one for you, so keep reading below!
How to Find a New Dentist
Whether you are moving or are just shopping around for a new dentist in your area for a variety of reasons, there are few ways you can utilize those in your network to find a new dentist you mesh with! First, ask your friends and family members for recommendations, chances are at least one of them has a dentist they would love to recommend. You could also reach out to your doctor or pharmacist, generally members of the medical community who work in the same area know each other. Lastly, if you are moving, you can ask your current dentist if they have any recommendations in the area you are moving to.
What to Do After You Get Recommendations
Now that you have reached out to your network and have few dentist recommendations, it is time to narrow them down with a few parameters. Here are a few things to think about when learning more about the dentist through their website or reviews.
- Do they take your dental insurance?
- Do they offer appointments that would fit your schedule?
- How far away is their office from your work or home?
- How do they handle preventable dental care?
- Do they handle after-hour emergencies?
- What do their costs look like for things like x-rays and cleanings?
- Do they have a missed appointment policy?
Visiting a Dentist’s Office
Now that you have found a dentist from the recommendations that meets most, if not all, of your needs, it is time to visit their office to see if they are a true fit for you! When you go to the office take note of a few things:
- Is their office clean and neat?
- What does their equipment look like? New or perhaps out of date?
- How did the rest of the staff treat you? From the front desk receptionist to the hygienist and everyone you come in contact with in between.
- Do the employees wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment, like a mask and gloves?
Working with Dr. Palluotto
We understand that a visit to a dentist can be an uneasy experience for a lot of people, but Dr. Palluotto is the very best and works hard to care for each and every patient that walks through the door. We hope that you find that Dr. Palluotto’s dentist’s office is the right one for you! We invite you to give us a call with any questions you may have about our practice and book a new patient appointment to start your path to a clean and healthy mouth!